- This event has passed.
Michigan Society Children of the American Revolution
March 11 - March 12
For God and My Country
Reflects the purpose of the C.A.R.
The National Society of the Children of the American Revolution trains good citizens, develops leaders and promotes love of the United States of America and its heritage among young people.
Founded in 1895, the Children of the American Revolution (C.A.R.) is the oldest patriotic youth organization in the nation. Its mission is to promote the training young citizens. As an organization dedicated to service, we strive to make a real contribution to our Communities, our State, and our Country through our activities and projects.
“Good citizens cannot be made suddenly. They must grow.” – Harriett Mulford Lothrop, Founder
The Object of C.A.R.
The Object of this Society shall be:
• To acquire knowledge of American History
• To preserve and restore places of Historical importance associated with men and women who forwarded American Independence.
• To ascertain the deeds and honor the memories of the men, women and children who rendered service to the cause of the American Revolution.
• To promote the celebration of patriotic anniversaries.
• To honor and cherish the Flag of the United States of America above every other flag.
• To love, uphold and extend the principles of American liberty and patriotism.
–Adopted April 11, 1895